Bartley Green Medical Practice
Due to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, the way you access your GP practice has changed.
You must now telephone your GP practice – DO NOT attend in person.
Your GP practice will then arrange the best care for you depending on your need. This will likely be a phone call or video call.
If you do need to see a doctor face-to-face, then this will be arranged for you and it may be in a different location.
Alternatively, use the online NHS 111 service or call NHS 111.
We want to reassure you that your GP practice is still here to look after you and your family.
IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS OF CORONAVIRUS INFECTION (COVID-19)
Stay at home and do not leave your house for 7 days from when your symptoms started. This will help protect others in your community whilst you are infectious. You should:
• plan ahead and ask others for help to ensure that you can successfully stay at home
• ask your employer, friends and family to help you to get the things you need to stay at home
• stay at least 2 metres (about 3 steps) away from other people in your home whenever possible
• sleep alone, if that is possible
• wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water
• stay away from vulnerable individuals such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions as much as possible..
You do not need to contact your GP Practice or call NHS111 to go into self-isolation.
You will need to self-isolate for 7 days. After 7 days:
• If you do not have a high temperature, you do not need to self-isolate;
• If you still have a high temperature, keep self-isolating until your temperature returns to normal.
If your symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days contact online/call the NHS 111 service.
If you, or the person you are caring for, is struggling to breathe, has a fast pulse, their hands or lips are cold and/or blue, are drowsy, confused or difficult to wake, has tightness in their chest, or is unable to speak a short sentence, dial NHS 111 or 999 immediately.
If you need any other medical help, or advice, please contact your GP surgery between the hours of 8:30am and 6.30pm, and NHS 111 between the hours of 6.30pm and 8.30am for advice. In case of emergency, call 999.