Request an Isolation or Sick Note

Request a sick note for less than 7 days

You do not require a doctor’s sickness certificate for any illness lasting seven days or less. Your employer may however require you to complete a self-certification form (SC2) which is available from your employer or on the HMRC website.

If you require a private sick note, you will be charged a fee.

Request a sick note for more than 7 days

If you have been ill for more than 7 days you will need a doctor’s certificate. These certificates are called ‘Fitness To Work’ Certificates. 

Please click next to request a sick/fit note. The doctor may call you or arrange for an appointment.

Request a sick note